Jana SotákováI am a PhD student of Christian Schaffner, Serge Fehr and Peter Bruin at Institute for Logic, Language and Computation at the University of Amsterdam (ILLC) and a part of the QuSoft Crypto group. I started my PhD in 2019 and expect to graduate in 2023.
I am working on:
- post-quantum cryptography, especially isogeny-based cryptography,
- computational number theory,
- quantum algorithms used for cryptanalysis.
My paper "Adventures in Supersingularland" has been published in Open Access at Experimental Mathematics.
https://doi.org/10.1080/10586458.2021.1926009 This is joint work with Sarah Arpin, Catalina Camacho-Navarro, Kristin Lauter, Joelle Lim, Kristina Nelson and Travis Scholl.
- I recorded a talk for the CTIDH paper at CHES 2021. The video is available here on Youtube, the paper is available here, and the paper and software in their latest version are also available at ctidh.isogeny.org.
- I will be on the poster committee for Alice & Eve 2021! The deadline to submit your poster is October 15, 2021 and the event will happen in Nijmegen on November 12, 2021.
- I lectured about the DDH paper at the Isogeny School. Notes are available here. Scribbles from Aug 12 sessions: morning session and evening session.
During July 26-30, 2021, I was TAing for Kristin Lauter at the PCMI Graduate Summer School 2021.
Videos from the lectures will be available at the PCMI YouTube channel.
Materials are available here.
- Our paper "CTIDH: Faster constant-time CSIDH" is online!
A collaboration with
Gustavo Banegas, Daniel J. Bernstein, Fabio Campos, Tung Chou, Tanja Lange, Michael Meyer, Benjamin Smith.
Check out the website with the paper and the software.
The paper is also on eprint as Report 2021/633.
New paper "CTIDH: faster constant-time CSIDH", https://t.co/b5U8yHxEl7: fully interoperable, new space of private keys, new algorithm, almost 2x speedup. Authors: @gustavosbanegas, @hashbreaker, @primaboinca, @tungchou1, @hyperelliptic, @mchl_myr, Smith, @jsotakova.— Daniel J. Bernstein (@hashbreaker) May 13, 2021
- Our paper "Explicit connections between supersingular isogeny graphs and Bruhat--Tits trees"
with Laia Amorós, Annamaria Iezzi,
Kristin Lauter and Chloe Martindale is on
The current version is also accessible here.
I have given two talks about the paper and you can see my exposition in these notes here. Please contact me with any comments!
PapersHere is a link to my dblp.org page.
- CTIDH: Faster constant-time CSIDH
Gustavo Banegas, Daniel J. Bernstein, Fabio Campos, Tung Chou, Tanja Lange, Michael Meyer, Benjamin Smith, Jana Sotáková
Available on the website and eprint Report 2021/633.
Also available as video on Youtube, and a published paper.
Explicit connections between supersingular isogeny graphs and Bruhat--Tits trees
Laia Amorós, Annamaria Iezzi, Kristin Lauter, Chloe Martindale, and Jana Sotáková
To appear in WIN-E 3 proceedings.
Available on eprint and here.
Breaking the decisional Diffie-Hellman problem for class group actions using genus theory
Wouter Castryck and Jana Sotáková and Frederik Vercauteren
Crypto 2020, published paper, Best Paper Award
preprint available on eprint.
- Adventures in Supersingularland
joint work with Sarah Arpin, Catalina Camacho-Navarro, Kristin Lauter, Joelle Lim, Kristina Nelson and Travis Scholl
Experimental Mathematics, available in Open Access at https://doi.org/10.1080/10586458.2021.1926009.
preprint available at eprint or at arXiv.
Eta quotients and class fields of imaginary quadratic fields
masters thesis under the supervision of Marco Streng (Leiden, 2017) available here
Where to find me on the WebMy QuSoft profile . My ILLC website. My CWI website. My LinkedIn profile. My old website that contains some notes I've written.
An accurate log of my athletics endeavours can be found here. I even have an Olympic.org site! I attended the Youth Olympic Games in 2010: Wikipedia article about my race.
My Alma Mater profile.
My blog. If my blog interests you, please send me a message. I will start blogging again.